JUST IN

Monday, September 14, 2020

'Ondo INEC fire caused by electrical fault'

 


The Ondo State Police Command on Monday said the inferno on the premises of the State ’ s Headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission was caused by an electrical surge .


The fire incident, which happened in the computer section of the INEC , last Thursday evening , destroyed over 5000 card readers meant to be used for the October 10 governorship election .


Speaking with journalists at the state command headquarters of the police in Akure , the state capital, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Bolaji Salami, said the insinuation that the fire was caused by saboteurs should be ruled out.


He said , “ Investigation into the incident is out . The fire was caused by a faulty electrical connection and all the smart card readers were burnt . The smart cards were kept in two containers on the premises of INEC and the air conditioners were kept on for 24 hours .


“ This will put to rest speculations that the fire was caused by saboteurs. If there are other findings , we will let you know . For now , the major cause is faulty electrical connections .


“ This report is final from the fire service . They have the authority to investigate fire incidents in Akure . ”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

FACEBOOK

FEEDBACK

Name

Email *

Message *

MOST VIEWED POSTS